Who We Are
Welcome to our website! Below is some biographical information to get to know us. We are happy you are here and we look forward to working with you to provide you with peace of mind and remove the stress that the IRS (and other government taxing authorities) can create.
We are a firm that provides exceptional tax advice, tax consulting and tax planning designed to save you taxes. This can be accomplished through tax return preparation, tax consulting on special transactions you may encounter, audit representation with the IRS or Florida Department of Revenue, tax notice response and/or through interim or year-end tax planning.
More about Dan
Areas of Expertise
- Business structuring and entity selection
- Business tax planning and compliance
- Purchase or sale of business transactions
- Tax planning and compliance for high-wealth individuals
- Taxation in Real Estate (realtors, brokers, investors, property managers, mortgage brokers, surveyors, appraisers, etc.)
- Taxation of Medical Practices (Doctors, Dentists, Orthodontists, Ophthalmologists, Chiropractors, and Physical Therapists, to name a few)
- Taxation of Professionals (Architect, Engineers and Consultants)
- B.S., University of South Florida, 1993
- M.A.C.C (Tax specialization), University of South Florida, 2000
- Certified Public Accountant, State of Florida – 2000
- Member of Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
- Region IV Representative for the FICPA Council (2015-2017)
- FICPA Accounting Careers and Education Committee (FICPA) – Past Chair
- Brevard County Chapter of FICPA, Past President and current Director
- Regular Columnist for Florida Today Business Section
- Member of BNI Beeliners Networking Group (since 2010)
- Rockledge Soccer Club – Coach (11 years)
- Central Life Church – Partner since 2014
- Grace Fellowship Church – Former Member (Deacon April 2010 – March 2013)
- Brevard Field of Dreams – Vice-Chair – Board member since 2011 – involved since 2006
- Leadership Brevard – Class of 2006
- FICPA Outstanding speaker of the year – 2008-2009
- Cocoa Beach Regional Chamber of Commerce, Business Resource Council, Chair 2014
- Rockledge High School Girls Soccer Booster Club – Past President
- Rockledge Rotary Club – Member
- Rockledge Rotary Club Foundation – Treasurer
- City of Rockledge – Director – Business Development Board – Economic Development Commission Representative to the Board and Ad Valorem Tax Council
- City of Rockledge – Commissioner – Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA)
- Former Bridges BTC – Treasurer – Board member from November 2010 to November 2015
In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with his family (especially traveling the U.S. and in Europe), coaching youth soccer, playing adult soccer, watching movies, reading, watching college and professional football and woodworking. He is a big Tampa Bay Buccaneer and Rays fan along with the USF Bulls.
Dan Henn, CPA is the “tax man” behind the firm. He is the author of “The No Holds Barred, Candid Talk About Small Business Success In Florida” now available on Amazon.com. He has over 20 years of tax experience that is used to help the firm’s clients save taxes related to federal and state income taxes, state sales and use taxes, and property taxes.
Dan takes his time to educate his clients so that they are aware of their responsibilities, the tax laws and the necessary things they need to do to be in proper compliance with the taxing authorities. Dan does a thorough review of all prior returns to determine if there are any errors that may generate a prior year refund or areas of concern that need to be corrected.
The biggest thing Dan and his team has to offer is that they provide peace of mind in dealing with IRS issues so that you can sleep better at night.
Dan has previous experience with KPMG, LLP (Big 4 international accounting firm) and with Berman Hopkins Wright & LaHam (Large local Central Florida accounting firm)..
Christie joined Daniel Henn, CPA in January 2010. She has been the Office Manager and Greeter Extraordinaire doing her job with exceptional care. She is originally from Tuscaloosa, AL (and yes a big Alabama Crimson Tide fan – Rolllllllll Tide!), but was raised in Lakeland, FL. When she is not in the office, she enjoys spending time with her two beautiful daughters, cooking and working in her organic garden.
Nancy joined Daniel Henn, CPA in February 2017. She comes to us with extensive experience in Tax Resolution/IRS Collections. She works tirelessly to help our clients sleep better at night by helping them deal with the IRS by filing back tax returns and setup payment plans or even possibly not pay anything at all.
Nancy is orginally from Massachusetts
I hope you’ll forgive me for being blunt.
I am Dan Henn, I’m a CPA, PA and realize that you may not be used to seeing a tax professional talk like this. It’s not my intention to offend (I’m actually being very careful with my words–I am a tax professional, after all).
But I think you’ll agree that the times we’re currently facing require a little straight talk.
Here’s a certain truth: the State and Federal Government would love to have more of your hard-earned money in their accounts. Sure, even though it’s painful, none of us begrudge paying our legal and fair share of taxes. But the problem is that regular taxpayers, like you, are missing out on legal and safe deductions, to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars in unclaimed refunds every year!
As a tax professional, it truly breaks my heart, knowing that just a few thousand, or even a few hundred bucks for us “regular guys” out of that vast pool of overcharging could make a world of difference–and they are just sitting there, unclaimed! And with the economy we’re facing now…it’s essential that the “right” professional handles your taxes and other financial matters.
You see, all tax professionals are not the same. From the “discount” chains (notice the quotes) to classic accounting firms, most fly through tax season in a disorganized mess–bleary-eyed and hopped-up on caffeine. It’s no wonder that they treat you like a number and lapse into excuses and tax-talk. (I told you that I would be blunt.)
I’ve put more of my thoughts on these matters in free reports:
Click the button on this page to request either of these free reports from us, and we’ll rush your copy to you immediately. Feel free to poke around our site and discover why I’ve been called “The Most Trusted Tax Professional in the Central Florida Area.” Talk again soon, Dan Henn, CPA, PA
PS–When you grab either of these free reports, we’ll also add you to our weekly email series on “Real World” Strategy (for individuals). Our readers enthusiastically forward these to their friends and peers all the time, and they’re not your standard “tax tips”.
PPS–Already ready to come in?
I don’t blame you…many folks are fed up with the other options out there. Our schedule is very full…but if you call us at (321) 684-7200 or Email Us, we’ll give you two options for coming in right away! We will NOT make dealing with a tax professional as painful as it’s been in the past!
Talk again soon,
Dan Henn, CPA, PA
- Small Business 100%
- Tax Problem Resolution 95%
- Individuals 80%
- Additional Services 87%
What our Clients are saying
Maecenas porttitor feugiat sem non euismod. Integer placerat faucibus est eget convallis. Morbi faucibus lorem non neque condimentum, sed venenatis neque sagittis. Aliquam vulputate hendrerit erat non hendrerit. Maecenas sollicitudin quam a dolor aliquet commodo. Suspendisse potenti. Vivamus quam velit, pretium fringilla lorem id, fringilla sagittis quam. Pellentesque eget ante non quam iaculis posuere. Integer justo nisl, porta at viverra eu, varius nec ante. Nam sollicitudin vestibulum orci at feugiat.I am very satisfied
It's always been hard-scrapping for small business owners in Rockledge. We've all heard the old adage: At least 85% and maybe as high as 98% of new small businesses fail before they hit the five year mark. That rate may have been even higher over the past decade. Now,...